I love a good wholesome bowl of homemade vegetable soup! It’s a really easy way to pack in a big serving of vegetables and also use up anything you have left over in the fridge. My favourite thing to do is just chuck in whatever I can find and see how it turns out! You might want to be a little more specific with what you put in or, like me, just go with the flow!
This is super easy to make, even those who barely cook at all can do it. Find your vegetables which can be fresh or frozen, if you decide you love to whip this up regularly you can keep a bag of frozen veg in to grab any time you want! I always put in a whole onion and a clove or two of garlic.
- Roughly chop your vegetables (if you would rather not blend your soup at the end, chop everything much smaller)
- Put them all into a large saucepan with a little oil and cover – medium heat
- Leave to sweat for around 5 minutes (a little longer if using frozen veg, until it begins to soften)
- Add a litre of vegetable or chicken stock
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for around 20 minutes
- Add seasoning whilst it simmers
- Either blend your soup or leave to eat as it is!